CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

10 Sings You’re Getting Old

This 10 on Tuesday couldn't be more perfect for me. I just told Mrs. Awesome last night that we're getting old. I might as well share some of my reasons with the world.


  1. You go to bed at 10:00 p.m. to sleep not get freaky.
  2. You watch the news at least twice a day sometimes as many four times.
  3. You have an invested interest in the weather.
  4. You can't understand the new slang the kiddies are using. Really what's the deal with, "Oh snap!"?
  5. You don't understand the new fashions the youngins are into either.
  6. You think that music was better when you were in high school than it is now.
  7. You have children. It's nothing like children to make a person feel old. My oldest biological child was born when I was 17 causing me to automatically feel much older than most people my age. The sad thing is it continues as that little girl who was born just after my 17th birthday celebrated her 8th birthday a couple of months ago.
  8. You realize your back is hurting and you aren't sure why though tossing the Joker, the Daredevil, and the Rocker repeatedly into the air and catching them may play a factor.
  9. You're shocked at the fact children born in 1991 are high school seniors.
  10. You had the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or a Carebear or any other toy that they're now marketing to children as new.

3 comments:

Ozzy's Mom said...

hehehe :) i agree; having a kid automatically makes u feel older ... and wiser!

mine's up too!

Carey said...

Amen to #6!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Hi, about my art post with the falling back in space portraits...they took 2-3 classes (that are 45 minutes each)...